Effective operational compliance
SRtP Onboard™ is a one-stop solution to obtaining and maintaining compliance with Safe Return to Port regulations throughout the lifetime of the vessel. SRtP Onboard™ supports the management of the crew response to a casualty by providing all information relevant to each casualty at the click of a button. It supports the crew in managing the logistical complexity of an SRTP response. Actions throughout the vessel are assigned to mobile groups and crew for completion. Action cards, either in paper form or via WiFi-connected tablets, give the crew the necessary information to locate and carry out their assigned tasks.
At a glance
- Supporting cruise and passenger vessels since 2015
- Currently installed on 20+ vessels
- Access to the correct data for each SRTP casualty
- Supports the Chief Engineer in managing the overall response
- Easy links to vessel documentation for problem diagnostics
- Monitor progress of response in real time
Real-time monitoring of progress provides a high-level overview of the response while allowing engineers to deep dive into problems by accessing the available technical documentation. Inherent continuous improvement is built into the solution: the underlying data can be updated and improved after each drill so that the lessons learnt are available for every future drill. Detailed reports are available after each drill so that issues can be understood, and to prove compliance to the appropriate authority. Data is leveraged intelligently to simplify the response and prove compliance.
Example SRtP Onboard™ User Interface for the main tool
The software provides an at-a-glance view of all the required SRTP actions for every casualty in a heatmap overlaid on the GA as well as detailed system-by-system action information with direct links to shipyard documentation.
Benefits and features
- Proven solution: Currently installed on various cruise ships, SRtP Onboard™ is a tried and tested solution developed with operator feedback.
- Compliant: SRtP Onboard™ is designed specifically in line with IMO Safe Return to Port regulations and meets the requirements of the Bahamas Maritime Authority Marine Notice 03.
- Process driven: SRtP Onboard™ provides a proven response process to manage a Safe Return to Port casualty.
- Reduced complexity: Provides the right information to the crew to enact the correct system restoration or isolation actions required for each casualty.
- System priorities: Systems can be prioritised depending on the situation.
- Action heatmap: Displays a dynamic heatmap for every drill or casualty, highlighting action location concentration to support the effective deployment of crew.
- Easy to use, fast to deploy: Iteratively designed with operator feedback, the software has been optimised for use onboard; is delivered with crew training for fast adoption; and is continuously improved.
- Supported by subject matter experts: Safety at Sea is an expert in Safe Return to Port regulations at the design and operational stages.
Webinar, articles etc.
Effective Operational Compliance
Find out more about SRtP Onboard™