Safe Return to Port compliance
Systema™ provides a proven and complete SOLAS Safe Return to Port solution that supports the design, verification and approval of ship systems’ redundancy and provides evidence to Class and Flag. The software enables both an overall and detailed assessment on a casualty-by-casualty basis, delivering effective compliance at design and throughout the lifetime of the vessel.
At a glance
- 20+ vessel designs approved through DNV/GL, BV, LR
- Provides digitisation of system design and verification
- Verifiable and repeatable output
- Provides value throughout the lifetime of the vessel
- A modern and improved alternative to FMEA for Industry 4.0
Systems digital twin
The Systema™ software models systems and interdependencies between systems, enabling the impact of a failure in one system to be propagated across all ship systems. Critical systems can be identified, and potential design improvements quickly tested and easily verified, helping to speed up the design process with a focus on compliance. Automatic reporting provides a full set of documentation to support the Class and Flag approval process, from detailed system reports to crew manual actions for onboard documentation.
The Systema™ model can evolve throughout the vessel’s lifetime, updated to reflect changes following design iterations, refits and revitalisations. Documentation is updated by the software, which reduces the manual and logistic effort involved.
The Systema™ tool enables us to perform the enhanced analysis which is necessary to achieve a comprehensive SRTP assurance in design and operation. In the past we have done desktop studies but with the adoption of Systema™ we have been able to offer a vastly improved and higher quality service to our clients.
Erik WernerLead Engineer Ship Design Services, Global Maritime
Digital systems model – post casualty highlighting
An example digital system’s model in Systema™, showing the effect of a damage case. The image highlights direct damage, indirect loss of system functionality as well as restorable flow for this particular damage case.
Systema™ is not solely about the initial design and build process. It also ensures SRTP compliance throughout a vessel’s lifetime, making it an ideal tool for designers, shipyards and operators.
Luis GuarinPrincipal Naval Architect
Benefits and features
- IMO SOLAS compliant: Designed to analyse ship system compliance against Safe Return to Port regulations and to provide evidence for Flag and Class approval.
- Overall and detailed assessment: Overall system redundancy and availability can be analysed as well as detailed assessment of all systems.
- Verifiable and repeatable output: The Systema™ model provides an auditable, repeatable and expandable record of a vessel’s basis for Safe Return to Port compliance.
- Simplifying complexity: For large ships, the inherent complexity of ensuring compliance against a large array of interdependent systems reaches a point where a manual FMEA approach is prone to omissions.
- Exhaustive methodology: Systems can be analysed at a comprehensive level, providing absolute clarity and peace of mind.
- Crew manual actions: Automatic creation of manual actions against every regulatory casualty, directly supporting the delivery of the vessel to the owner.
- Concurrent engineering: Designed with collaboration in mind.
Webinar, articles etc.
Safe Return to Port Compliance
Find out more about Systema™